PART-TIME CHILDREN, YOUNG PEOPLE AND FAMILY WORKER
Costessey Methodist Church seeks to appoint a part-time Children, Young People and Family worker, 10 hours per week, with a compulsory Sunday every week and the other two days to be agreed upon with some flexibility should the need arise. Salary is £12.00 per hour. We are looking for a part-time Children, Young People and Family Worker to support the vision of the church, in engaging the children, young people and families some of whom are new to the UK, and to connect with the wider community.
Applicants should be able:
1. To oversee and develop work with children and families in a consultative process within the church and the local community
2. To help children and families to explore the Christian faith in a creative and dynamic way in Sunday School and to enable:
• intergenerational engagement
3. To consult with families and in partnership identify their needs and provide a range of social education and some intergenerational activities which aim to meet these needs
4. To manage and administer an agreed budget to enable the ministry to develop.
5. To appraise and review initiatives set up and activities undertaken, and change where necessary the action and focus of work after consultation with, and agreement, from the management group.
6. To work ecumenically where appropriate and in partnership with other local church colleagues.
7. To work with the Superintendent and the District Safeguarding Officer to ensure compliance with the Churches’ Policy on Safeguarding and creating a safe space for all.
8. To undertake any other related duties, identified by the minister as are within your capabilities and level of responsibility, in order to meet the needs of the church
This role will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Closing date for applications 17.00 on 10th March, 2024.
The Methodist Church is committed to the Safeguarding of all