St Ives Methodist Church are looking for a part time Children and Families Worker
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, creative and pioneering to take our ministry to children and families to the next exciting stage in St Ives Methodist Church.
The role is to:
- To work alongside the existing SIMC children, young people, leadership team and new volunteers to provide support and encouragement to our existing work with children, young people and families, including at our Sunday morning service.
- To reach out and network with families in the community including the use of social media.
- To ensure current and any new groups deliver, where appropriate a clear gospel message and are both creative and appealing.
- To work closely with the SIMC volunteers, building effective leadership teams working towards long term sustainability.
- To work in partnership with other local churches and agencies such as schools to develop links with the community, and new families.
- To develop inventive and missional ministry amongst the children and families of St Ives Methodist Church and shape a vision for its growth in the future. The post seeks to establish at the heart of our church relevant patterns of discipleship and spiritual development for children and families that makes faith real and engaging.
The Methodist Church is committed to Safeguarding for All
This is a 3-year fixed term part time (18 hours) post starting December 2019
Salary scale for 18 hours per week; from £8,975 to £11,734 per annum -
depending on qualifications and experience.
Why not apply?
For further details or for an application pack contact
Closing date for applications: Monday 4th November 2019
Interviews to be held during the week commencing Monday 18th November 2019
There is a genuine Occupational Requirement for the post holder to be a Christian
The Methodist Church Ipswich Circuit is seeking a part-time Outreach Worker at Elmsett Methodist Church (10 hours per week)
- Salary £9.00 per hour plus additional points depending on responsibilities, qualifications and experience.
- There is a genuine occupational requirement for the post holder to be a Christian.
- An enhanced DBS certificate will be required.
The Methodist Church is committed to Safeguarding for all.
Further information and an application form from:
Circuit Secretary/Administrator, 10 Coombers, Capel St Mary, Ipswich IP9 2EY
Closing date 15th November 2019
Interviews to be held in November/December.
To commence beginning of December 2019 /January 2020
FREE CHURCH CHAPLAINCY
UNIVERSITY OF EAST ANGLIA
The University of East Anglia in Norwich is seeking to appoint an ordained Free Church Minister to work as a part-time Chaplain and be part of their Chaplaincy Team based within the Multi Faith Centre at the University.
The Chaplaincy operates as an integrated team providing an engaged and professional ministry to students at the University and offering an open and inclusive service to people of all faiths and none.
The successful candidate will be someone with good personal, pastoral, communication and management skills and who is able to work both individually and as part of a team.
The post is for 20 hours a week and will be remunerated in accordance with the arrangements of the denomination to which the successful candidate belongs.
To be considered for shortlisting, candidates will need to provide a full CV and in their written application address each of the points in the Person Specification, giving details and examples of their experience along with an indication of the level of their competence in each area.
The Person Specification and further details about the role can be obtained from Keir Hounsome (on behalf of the Free Church Chaplaincy Support Group) at firstname.lastname@example.org to whom applications should also be submitted. In addition, please contact Keir on 01603-452550 for further information about the role.
The closing date for applications is 16th November 2019.
St Neots and Huntingdon Methodist Circuit is seeking to appoint a part time Children and Families Outreach Worker based at Berkley Street Methodist Church, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 2NB
They are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Christian to develop ministry with families, children and young people in St Neots. The post would suit someone who has a passion for meeting people in their own situations and demonstrating the love of Christ. The successful applicant will have excellent social skills, a confident and friendly demeanour and a good sense of humour.
This is a 5 year fixed term part time (20hours) post starting Spring 2020.
Salary range £9,620 - £12,103 depending on qualifications and experience.
Closing date for applications 24th November 2019
Interviews to be held on 6th December 2019
There is a genuine Occupational Requirement for the post holder to be a Christian.
The Methodist Church is committed to the Safeguarding of all.
For further information and application details click here.